Many people at Waikawa Beach are keen to protect and enhance the environment. These links may be helpful. This page will be updated as more information becomes available.
- DOC Community Fund: Apply for funding (currently closed)
- Other funding organisations: Funding for community conservation projects
- Predator Free Communities Programme - Predator Free NZ Trust
- Best New Zealand native plants for bees: 8 native that pollinators love | Stuff.co.nz
- Native Plants that Attract Birds | Forest and Bird
- Tī kōuka » Manaaki Whenua
- Seed collection and propagation guide for native trees and shrubs
- Calendar for seed collecting: Ecosource seeds
- Growing Flax Plants - Bunnings New Zealand
- What's on the menu? 5 lures that aren't peanut butter - Predator Free NZ Trust
- The Predator Free NZ webinar at July 2023, Fine Tuning Your Predator Control with Cam Speedy (1 hour) is a must-watch. Key point — it’s useless to just stick a predator trap outside and hope to catch stoats etc. You need to figure out the right place for the trap then make it party-central for the predators you’re after. The video explains details, research and techniques.
- This item about smart traps that could perhaps be available by 2024 is interesting — Rodents beware: AI device being developed in NZ to kill invasive species | RNZ.
- A bud-galling wasp is helping control the invasive pest plant Sydney golden wattle.
- Make your garden safe for wildlife - Predator Free NZ Trust
- Month by month calendar of plants for native birds (PDF)