Each year Horowhenua District Council consult on their Long-Term plan. Consultation for 2023 opens 27 March and runs until 1 May.
Note, it's been pointed out to me that this consultation is on the Long Term Plan Amendment, which is slightly different.
They set out 3 key issues:
- Issue 1: Shaping a fairer financial future: Should we change the way we share rates across our district?
- Issue 2: Future of the Levin Landfill: We need to decide what happens to the Levin Landfill and we'd like your help.
- Issue 3: Our key water infrastructure:
- Drinking water: Growth and climate change means we need to ensure a more resilient water supply.
- Wastewater: Levin and Foxton's wastewater treatment plants require significant upgrades.
- Stormwater: We need significant investment in our stormwater network district wide.
Visit the HDC Long Term Plan Consultation 2023 page for more information about the plan, the issues and the key dates.